- All entries must be the original and unpublished work of the competitors and must not have been entered for any previous Mid-Somerset competition.
- Note the rule regarding anonymity: entries for Senior Classes (141-147) must include
only the title of the work, the class number and the word count. Contact details (name, address, e-mail and phone number plus the title) should be on a separate sheet of paper or on the entry form.
- Marks will be subtracted for exceeding the set number of words.
- Manuscripts and Entry Forms should be sent to Jane Riekemann, Co-Secretary of Creative Writing, 20 Penn Lea Road, Bath, BA1 3RA by Friday, January 19, 2018. An A4 self-addressed envelope with a LARGE LETTER STAMP should be included for the return of any uncollected work and certificates.
- Entries may also be submitted online. They should be submitted in PDF format in a font no larger than 12 and in black and white. If colour, photographs or illustrations are required than a postal entry should be made.
- For age limits see General Rule No.4. Also, please read carefully General Rule No.8 regarding trophies and their return.
N.B. It is hoped that all entrants will be able to attend the Festival Day on Saturday March 10, 2018 when the Adjudicator will be present to comment on their work and certificates and cups or medals will be presented.